Commissions & Prints
I highly encourage anyone that is interested in purchasing a commission from me read through my ToS. It’s good for you and me. :)
The Artist = Brandi Couch.
The Client = The commissioner of artworks from the Artist
Commission = The Client’s purchase of 1 or more sketches/drawings/paintings.
Piece = A specific piece of work.
1) Payments must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins. At this time the Artist accepts commission payments through Etsy alone; please do not send a direct payment through PayPal. Refunds cannot be issued once the Artist begins work.
2) The Client must discuss any deadline expectations the Client has with the Artist before payment. The Artist reserves the right to turn down work with deadlines the Artist can not reasonably accommodate. The Artist ensures that work is done in a reasonable and timely manner.
3) Clients will have the opportunity to direct alterations of their commissions at multiple key stages: Thumbnail, Sketch, and Colouration.
Thumbnail Stage: Full-Body commissions include up to 10 thumbnail revisions per piece; Portrait commissions include up to 3 thumbnail revisions per piece.
Sketch Stage: Full-Body & Portrait commissions include up to 2 ‘major’ or 6 ‘minor’ sketch reworks per piece.
Colouration Stage: Full-Body & Portrait commissions include as many colour changes as is reasonable to satisfy the Client; however the Artist has the right to decide what is reasonable on a case-by-case basis.
4) The Artist and Client will agree upon 1 medium of private contact and utilize this medium throughout the commission duration. The Artist utilizes English only for commissioned pieces.
5) The Artist reserves the right to refuse a commission based upon insufficient information, rude or inappropriate behaviour, and/or lack of communication.
6) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. The Client is encouraged to reach out to the Artist at any time, but are reminded that the Artist is full time in both university and work, and that responses to inquiries might not be immediate.
7) The Artist will not depict the promotion of hate. The Artist is at this time unable to provide commissions of a sexually explicit nature. Artistic nudity, violence, gore, etc., will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
8) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, blog, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client. The Client has the right to request a tasteful watermark on their commissioned piece.
9) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Rights can be negotiated for an added fee.
10) The Client may only make limited prints for personal use and display not to be resold or used commercially. The Client may not profit from the artwork. The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may also upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit in the form of a link to the Artist’s portfolio (http://brandicouch.com) must be included.
11) The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Commissioner for other commissions or personal works.
12) The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment for a commission, the Client agrees to all the terms listed above.
The Artist may be reached at , or through Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/LunariusArt).